The Association for Cultural Exchange Limited, trading as ACE Foundation ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is The Association for Cultural Exchange Limited of Salisbury House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2LA.
In common with most web sites, our websites’ servers can automatically log certain information about every request made of them (see below for more details). This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept for up to two years.
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide as part of the ticket booking process or when creating or editing an account in our box office system.
- When creating an account, and during subsequent log-ins, you are able to specify the use of this information (see below for more details).
- Other information that you provide by filling in forms provided on this website for a specific purpose.
By supplying your personal information using this website, over the telephone or in person, you are consenting to us holding and using it for the purposes for which it was provided.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Where Data is Stored
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
From time to time logging may be enabled on the webserver hosting our website. When logging is enabled the following data is automatically collected for each request:
- The name or network address of the computer making the request. Note that under some (but not all) circumstances it may be possible to infer from this the identity of the person making the request. Note also that the data recorded may be that of a web proxy rather than that of the originating client;
- The username, when known during authenticated (logged in) access to the site;
- The date and time of connection;
- The HTTP request, which contains the identification of the document requested;
- The status code of the request (success or failure etc.);
- The number of data bytes sent in response;
- The contents of the HTTP Referrer header supplied by the browser;
- The content of the HTTP User-Agent header supplied by the browser;
- Logging of additional data may be enabled temporarily from time to time for specific purposes.
In addition, the computers on which the website is hosted keep records of attempts (authorised and unauthorised) to use them for purposes other than access to the web server. This data typically includes:
- The date and time of the attempt;
- The service to which access was attempted;
- The name or network address of the computer making the connection.
It may also include details of what was done or was attempted to be done.
Disclosure and uses of personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To contact you with essential information about your booking, for example in the case of a cancellation or programme alteration;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device by gathering aggregate information about our users using it to analyse the effectiveness and popularity of our website;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We seek ‘informed consent’ from you as part of the account creation process in order to use information held about you in the following way:
- To contact you about future events being sold or activities being undertaken by us. You can opt in or out of receiving information by post and/or e-mail at any time, by logging in to your online account or contacting the box office (see below).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In order to process a transaction; your personal information and card details are passed to third party service providers. Card details are only used for the purpose of handling an individual transaction. [There is a separate security policy that contains more details about the collection and handling of card information];
- If we have obtained your consent to do so;
- When we are required or authorised by law, court order, regulatory or governmental authority to disclose your personal data;
- If required to protect our rights, property or safety, or that of our members or others.
Relevant subsets of this data may be passed to computer security teams as part of investigations of computer misuse involving this site or other computing equipment.
In addition, this website uses Google Analytics to help us analyse site usage and to improve it. To support this, selected information about your interaction with the site is sent to Google for them to analyse on our behalf. For more information about Google Analytics see http://www.google.com/analytics/.
Links to other websites
This website contains links to and from third-party sites. This policy only covers use of this website. You should consult privacy and cookie policies on third-party sites before you submit any personal data. We are not responsible for any cookies that may be set by third party websites linked from our website.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can check the information we hold about you by e-mailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will correct them promptly. If you have any questions or comments about privacy please contact the Box Office (Stapleford Granary, Bury Road, Stapleford, tel: 01223 849004, email: firstname.lastname@example.org).